top of page

Frederic William Scott (1862-1939) and ghis spouse Elizabeth Mayo (Strother) Scott gave $300,000 to UVa for the construction of Scott Stadium, which opened in 1931. The stadium was named in honor or Mr. Scotts' parents, Frederic Robert Scott, an Irish immigrant, and Sarah Frances "Fannie" (Branch) Scott.

Although Mr. Scott was not a UVA alumnus, he was a great overall supporter of the University and was appointed to its Board of Visitors (BOV) in 1929. In 1930 he was elected BOV Rector and served in that capacity until his sudden death in September 1939.

In 1974, two dozen Scott family members pledged over $360,000 for a comprehensive renovation of Scott Stadium.

Scott Family

bottom of page